Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thursday April 9, 2009: If our dances were like this....

What an amazing dance party!!!!!!!!!! It was soooo much fun and the whole day was nice too. Woke up, got ready, ate breakfast (banana, granola looking cereal, and Special K Nature), brushed teeth, and left. I listened to my iPod on the way to school. Close to school we met up with Justine who said that the school is like a prison haha! She said she had to be there 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. Until 11 because of the dance. We entered the playground area and left soon to go to the bus and go look at pottery. I thought we were going to be making pottery and I was disappointed that we weren't. I sat next to Amanda on the bus (charter of course haha!). I was wondering why we always took charter buses everywhere and just realized that in France there are not any school buses. There are city buses, trams, trains, bikes,walking, or car for your transportation. The town we enter was sort of like the other town we went into except that the other town was nicer looking than this town. A man gave us a tour of the pottery process. He said that this was an old company making traditional pottery from Medieval times just with better equipment. The pottery looked very nice but I did not want to get any of it because I didn't think it was my style. There was another pottery store cross the street and I found pottery that I liked and bought. I thought it was cheaper than the other store. I also went into another pottery store with more expensive pottery. After we left that store we got back on the bus and leave except some students and two teachers were missing so we drove around in a circle looking for them and when we reached our starting point again, they were not able to be found. A minute later they walked up to the bus and got on and we left. We drove to the town where we would be visiting the Roman spa and went to the restroom and ate lunch. We walked over to a little park next to a river that looked like it used to be a street. We relaxed there for awhile and then left to go to the spa. I took pictures of flowers, the river, and a spider then layed down and relaxed until we left to go to the spa. Ryan got me vanilla ice cream which was really good!! We had trouble finding the spa but we finally did and we got cards to stick in a machine to let us in. We went into little changing stalls that lead to lockers for you to put your things in and lock with a key on a bracelet that you can put on your wrist. I changed, out my things into a locker, and went to the spa. It was very nice; it was indoors and seemed very relaxing. That is what it was made for, to be relaxing. I rinsed off first and then entered the pool. It was warm but not too warm. The newt pool was warmer and the next was warm too. There were two pools off to the side; one was very, very warm and the other was very, very cold!! There was a tanning room (I didn't go in it) and a room that you sat in to get your sinuses cleaned out. The smell of the room was a very strong smell of herbs and it was hard to breathe in there but I sat in there for a little bit because someone said it was good. There were outside pools and I went into one. We spent about two to three hours at the spa. We got dressed again and I got dressed for the dance and a few other people did too. We rode back to the school and the traffic was heavy. We arrived at the school and there were students waiting to go into the dance and there was food. We didn't have to pay but the other students had to. It was mainly desserts; cakes, cookies,brownies; but there were pretzels, soft and hard, a little pizza that was quickly gone, and drinks. We had to check our bags and soon the dance started. There were not really too many older students at the dance, they were mainly younger than us. The dance was being held in the downstairs part were the students play ping pong/table tennis. It was really cool!! It was dark but there were lights flashing from the stage so you could see. There were DJs and a fog machine and the music was good too!! Mostly dance music and all songs with a bass. We mainly just jumped around and formed groups that would shout or make a circle around someone who was dancing. Ms. Kidwell and Ms. Peoples came down later and danced and Mr. Hagar came down to take pictures. The bass broke around 9ish and we waited around hoping that it would get fixed. Finally it was and we went back to dancing. The crowd kept getting smaller and finally we had to leave ending the night with 'Daddy Cool'! If we had dances like this where we live, I would want to go!!! Other people said the same thing too! Evelyne's parents and sister came to pick us (Evelyne, her younger sister Elise, and me were all at the dance) up in their car. They drove us home and had pizza from Pizza Hut. I had this chicken and an onion like pizza which was different and not too bad. Strawberries were for dessert and I went to be before them and it was late, almost midnight! I got ready for bed and slept. Two more days until home!

No comments:

Post a Comment