Saturday, April 11, 2009

Tuesday April 7, 2009: Sick :(

I didn't really like today because I didn't feel so good at the end of the day. Woke up and got ready like normal. Ate Special K and then finished getting ready. We arrived at school and today is the day when the French students have gym class. We got to play a version of dodge ball with them, French versus Americans. We split up on to two different sides that were divided by benches. We had to stay in a certain area and try not to get hit by the ball. There was only one ball in the first game and two in the second. In the area that you could not go in was where the other team went if they got hit with the ball. They could be thrown the ball and hit you. I understood the game better in the second game but the Americans lost both games. :( Then we went to go bowling. We walked to the bowling alley and got into lanes with four people. We were then told that we could have five people. We got our shoes on and the teachers had us split up from the French and move down a few lanes. In my lane was Amanda (it was her birthday!), Madison, Molly, Zack, and Coty. I did poorly in the first game but better in the second game. At 11:30 we finished bowling and were allowed to leave with our students to have lunch and be back at the school at 3. Tara, Amanda, Sara, Evelyne, Emma, and I walked back to the school to give Tara to her host student and pick up Kim and out to eat lunch. We went to a Turkish place to get sandwiches in pita bread with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, and ranch dressing. Sara and Amanda did not want it so Emma waited with them while Kim and Evelyne got their sandwiches along with mine. We walked around for a bit with us three eating and then Emma took Amanda and Sara to McDonald's. I didn't really like the sauce and the whole thing wasn't that great but I ate some of it then ate the pita. We met up with them and sat down while they ate. Another girl was there with us (I cannot remember her name) and I was still hugry so she went with me to get a apple donut which was pretty god. After we were done eating, we looked through shops and went to a make-up shop then we had to head back to school because the French had class at two. We waited in the playground area (with other Americans too) and I layed down on the bench slept a little and talked to Coty. When the teachers and other students arrived at three, I wasn't feeling very well and took some medicine. It was very warm outside but I was cold then hot, cold then hot. We had a lady who was taking us to the Parliament building. We rode the tram to the Parliament building which was big with lots of windows and looked very nice. We had a tour of the building and it was very nice inside, we had to go through security before entering like the airport. We also watched a video and he spoke to us. I had a hard tile staying awake (along with other people haha). It is very hard to wake yourself back up if you are tired. We moved onto another the last room which was a bigger version of the room we were just in; lots of seat with earphones and microphones, this was were they had meetings, they were rooms for translators. I took pictures of the room. Then we were done and the tour guide lead us out and we went through a room that we could pick up information about the Parliament, a map, and a poster. We left on the tram and headed back to the school. Evelyne had class until seven and we got back to the school around six. I wasn't allowed to be at the Internet shop which is what Evelyne wanted me to do but I just sat around in the playground area with other students waiting for seven o' clock. When her class was over we went back home. Dinner was chicken and vegetables. I showered and got ready for bed, tomorrow is Europa Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment