Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday April 1, 2009: Tired

I was very tired today whe I woke up around 6:34 but I got up and dressed anyway. I am still tired right now (3:02) and it wasn't a busy day. I ate breakfast as normal but Evelyne had me try this cereal. It looks like a granola bar but you but it into your cereal bowl with milk and put chocolate powder on top. It was alright. Nothing that great but it wasn't bad. Then I had my normal cereal of 'Fruit 'N Fibre' as it is called. We are almost out of it haha! Then after I finish getting ready we head off to the tram/subway. We get off at a different stop today and she takes me to an English classroom. She goes off to class with her friends after dropping me off at the door. There are other Americans waiting at the door also: Ryan, Logan, Sara, Cole, Coty, Zack, Molly,... We enter the classroom and we wait for the regular students to arrive. I saw a girl outside of the classroom peeking in and looking confused but when others arrive a few seconds later they come in. Some other American students (Amanda, Dorothy, Aryn, and others I can't remember) arrive because their teacher did not arrive. We are interviewed by the French students and the girl interviewing me asks me questions such as my name, what school I attend, my age, my siblings, do I like it here, where my parents are from, what coutries I have been to, what I like to do, where I live, favorite band, farorite movie, favorite actor and actress, and I think that was it. So then after that we, the Americans, were able to interview the French and I interviewed a boy named Vivein. He seemed nice. Then the French, who interviewed us; used the information about us to write it into a paragraph. Their bell rang at 8:55 so they departed and we waited for the next English class to arrive. We sat so there was an empty seat between every America. It was a much bigger class. The class started out reading about a girl (I think named Shannon or something like that) who went through Ellis Island in the year 1892 (around that year). We read it as a class and if the French needed help with answering the question we could help. The teacher then changed their assignment to interviewing us. I got a really nice girl and her birthday is today! She is seventeen and when she asked me how old I was she was surprised because she thought I was seventeen. I really enjoy her interviewing me and it was fun and funny. When the class was over we head downstairs to the playgound area to meet up with the other Americans and French. After waiting around for a while we split off into two groups, one who would play volleyball and the other would rock climb. I was in therock climbling group and the girls went downstairs to the locker room. The locker room did niot have any toilets or stalls so we had to change in front of each other. Once everyone was dressed we went up into the rock climbing room. It is nice in there. There was gymnastic equipment with rock walls to climb. We had instructions from the teacher who spoke little English but one of the students translated. We parterned up with a French student, I was with Evelyne, and we climbed. We were probavly in there for about an hour and then we changed again and went to the gym where the others were playing volleyball. They stopped and it was one of the French teacher's birthday and we sang and gave her a present which was a bracelet I think. We were able to go home with our host's so we did and we took the subway/tram home. Lunch was a curry, I think, with chicken and carrots, a bean/pea like soup, and bread. There was also ice cream and I started to feel sick so I went to lie down until Evelyne's sister and I left for the internet shop where I am now. Evelyne is taking a big test right now and she will come and get me about 4:45 and we might go shopping. Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment